Before Your Treatment
Here are some spa etiquette tips to help you make the most of your visit.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment so you have time to check in and relax. If it’s your first visit allow 20 minutes to fill out paperwork.
- Remove jewelry – rings, bracelets/watches, earrings and necklaces – prior to your treatment.
- You are not required to disrobe for most facial treatments. Neck, chest and body treatments are the exception. Modesty is provided as you are covered with a sheet only the part being treated is exposed.
- If you’re uncomfortable with anything during your treatment – the pressure, the music, or the temperature — speak up. The therapist will make an adjustment.
- You can talk during the treatment or stay quiet, as you choose. The therapist will follow your lead.
- If you are sick, a massage, facial or any body treatment may actually make you feel worse by speeding up the release of toxins throughout your body. If you’re feeling sick or coming down with a bug, you should re-schedule your appointment. The same is true if you’ve recently broken out in a rash or cold sore.
- If the therapist says, “Take your time getting up,” that means usually just a few minutes.
- Although not expected, tips are appreciated. 15%-20% is typical for great service. If you were given a gift certificate the tip was not included.
- In order to accommodate all of our valued clients, we ask for a 24-hour notice of your cancellation.