Ultherapy Ultra Sound Energy by Ulthera(tm)
Have you noted sagging of the skin of the neck, jawline, face, or forehead? Have you considered a skin tightening procedure but are not ready for surgery yet? Have you had a prior face lift but have not some new sagging and would like a touch up? Would you like a non invasive way to improve fine wrinkles of the face? Isn’t it time to look as good as you’re feeling?
You can with Ultherapy Ultrasound treatment. The only FDA approved zero downtime procedure that builds and stimulates collagen to firm, tighten and lift sagging skin on the face and neck.
Ultherapy is the only non invasive procedure cleared by the FDA to lift the skin on the forehead, neck, face and décolletage. Ultherapy is perfect for the person that is not ready for surgery, but wants to tighten and lift their skin. Ultherapy can be used to turn back the clock on the aging process or as a maintenance option to prolong surgical results. The focused energy is delivered to a precise location temperature and depth on the skin to create new collagen and regenerate weak collagen to create firmer, tighter skin resulting in a more youthful appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Ultherapy?
- Ultherapy is the only FDA non surgical device approved to lift and tighten skin on the décolletage, Neck, under the chin and the eyebrow.
- Is Ultherapy effective?
- Ultherapy has been performed with great results on over 220,000 patients nationwide. It has been approved in over 50 countries.
- How does Ultherapy work?
- Ultherapy works by delivering focused sound (ultrasound) energy to the specific area of the skin where it is most beneficial. The energy bypasses the surface of the skin thus not causing any visible redness or agitation to the skin to reach the most beneficial depth, temperature and location. This action causes a reaction that jump starts the body’s natural response to create new collagen and regenerate existing weak collagen to ultimately achieve tighter, firmer more youthful looking skin.
- When will I see results from Ultherapy treatment?
- Patients will typically see the improvement within 2-3 months after treatment. The skin will continue to firm and tighten as the collagen builds and regenerates over the next several months.
- Does Ultherapy require any recovery time?
- No downtime is required with Ultherapy. Because no energy is delivered to the surface of the skin Ultherapy does not cause peeling or prolonged redness making it truly the ultimate lunchtime procedure.
- How long does Ultherapy take?
- Ultherapy generally takes 1-2 hours depending on the size of the area treated.
- How many Ultherapy treatments will I need?
- Most patients typically require only (1) treatment of Ultherapy to achieve the desired results. To achieve greater results they may decide to repeat therapy in a couple of years.
- Who is the best candidate for an Ultherapy treatment?
- Ultherapy treatment is best for people with mild laxity of the skin between 36-60 years of age that are not too thin or overweight.
- What if I am not within the ideal age range should I still consider Ultherapy?
- Yes, older patients who have not had prior facelift surgery or do not have much skin laxity are still good candidates.
- How much does Ultherapy cost?
- Ultherapy varies in price depending on treatment area. While it is recommended to treat all areas to maximize the desired youthful result, Dr. McCann can build a plan that suits your needs and your budget.
- What is the difference between Ultherapy, Laser Therapy and radio-frequency?
- Unlike lasers, radio-frequency and other technologies Ultherapy is a precise energy delivering device that visualizes the structures beneath the skin without causing redness or peeling to the surface of the skin. Ultherapy delivers ultrasound energy to the appropriate depth and exact area to be treated to maximize results. Lasers use light to delivery energy to the skin and deliver more energy to the surface of the skin causing prolonged redness, peeling, pain and downtime. Lasers are also not recommended for dark skin as they may cause changes in skin color. Ultherapy is color blind and may be used on any skin color. RF or radio frequency energy has the ability to heat the deeper layers of the skin without heating the surface, but it does not heat the deep layers enough to cause denaturation of the collagen often resulting in inconsistent and disappointing results.
- What makes Ultherapy Ultrasound treatment so unique?
- Ultherapy is unique in that it uses sound energy that can be focused at various depths without damaging the visible skin surface. It delivers enough energy to reliably cause denaturation of collagen and stimulate natural collagen production. It can also be focused deeper in the skin allowing the sound energy to tighten and lift the same structures that in the past could only be done by surgical procedures.
- How does Ultherapy compare to a surgical facelift?
- Like most non-invasive treatments the results will not be as great or immediate as can be achieved with surgery. Ultherapy results take several months to realize while surgical results can take only weeks. The advantage of Ultherapy over surgery is no recovery or downtime, and it is considerably less expensive than comparable surgical procedures.
- How can I determine whether Ultherapy or a surgical procedure is best for me?
- The best treatment can be determined by discussing your expectations and available options with Dr. John McCann at the Center for Facial Appearances in Sandy, Utah, in Jordon Commons. When seeing Dr. McCann, he can answer any questions and make the appropriate treatment plan to achieve your desired results.
Our knowledgeable and friendly staff at the Center for Facial Appearances looks forward to making your Cosmetic dreams come true as your face is our only focus.